Friday, June 10, 2016

June 10, 2016
Hi, All!
    It has been a long time since my last post.  Life has been a whirlwind, but I'm not complaining -- not one bit! My new book - I'm Published! Now What? - has been selling very well, and I've been busy with book readings and events related to that. It appears I was lucky and caught lightning in a bottle with this book.  Everybody seems to be writing a book these days, and the advice/suggestions in I'm Published! Now What? seem to be helping new authors navigate their way into a whole new world of "getting out there on the road" to promote the work.  I didn't really intend it to be a humorous book, but apparently people are really enjoying the "tales from the road" provided in the book by established authors.  At the same time, there is also a section in the book that has "amazing experiences" that have happened in bookstores all across the country while book events took place (these are written by the bookstore event coordinators who witnessed these events), and many of these made my sides hurt because I was laughing so hard when I first heard them.  Yes, promoting a book can have its moments, like the time I had to do a book signing in an elevator shaft (read the book to get the whole story about this) -- and the time a newspaper article accidentally (I think!) called me the devil in a headline on the front page after one of my books came out (again, read the book to find out the rest of the story!).  I have many more book events schedules this summer, and I hope I can help new, and established, authors feel more comfortable with this vitally important part of the publishing experience.  Hey, getting published is only the first step along the journey; it is what is done after publication that will often make or break the success of a book -- and my book will help authors build this success.
    I'm also in the middle of my research for my next book.  I don't want to give too much away at this point, but I will say this: Get ready for a medical thriller!  And, it will be based on a true story! AND, most people will probably be shocked that this actually happened!  How is that for a teaser?  I'm hoping I'll have the book finished by late fall.
   I hope summer has stated well for all of you.  I wish you joy, happiness, and health this summer season!
   More soon......
JSC

No comments:

Post a Comment